How the Australian market is finding tech talent - A high-touch relocation program that anticipates the concerns of new hires
Tech Talent! Even our friends down under are no stranger to this talent shortage that effects businesses globally. Those who are able to crack the code on how to funnel the best tech talent into their pools, will no doubt, be ahead of the game in years to come.
This article captures a great 5 step strategy to attract tech talent from around the globe. I will list the 5 steps for you below (full article below) but pay close attention to step number 5 - 'A high-touch relocation program that anticipates the concerns of new hires'. If you can hone in on this one area and offer something world class and personal - think white glove service (premium, special attention to every single detail, a person assigned to you each step of the way). In my opinion, this is the one area where most of the big companies fail and it is also the area of biggest deliberation for a candidate considering a move across the globe.
The 5 Step Strategy:
1. If you don't have the home grown talent you need, find out who does
2. Use compelling content to sell your company and culture in markets where you're looking for talent.
3. Identify companies that are doing things at the same scale as you and have great talent - then recruit from them.
4. Highlight your companies goals and opportunities when talking to candidates.
5. Create a high-touch relocation program that anticipates the concerns of new hires.
White glove service all the way.
Forward by, Tess Sloane, Talent Lab