The 5 Questions You Must Ask Yourself To Kick Off 2017
It's Talent Lab’s favourite time of year – and yes for all of the obvious reasons (family, friends, copious amounts of food and prosecco) but also because it’s a time to reflect AND start looking forward.
What are YOU going to get up to in 2017? What goals will you set, declare and share that will allow you to get the most out of the year ahead?
We have compiled a list of our top 5 questions you must ask yourself to kick off 2017 right!
Grab a glass of bubbles (or eggnog), sit in front of the fire, and put pen to paper.....
- At the end of 2017, what do I want to have accomplished? eg: 'On December 31, 2017 I am the Director of Talent Acquisition at XYZ' or 'I am turning the keys to my very own spin studio on the North Shore'.
- What would I do if I knew I could not fail? (hint - this one will be your passion!)
- What limiting beliefs am I willing to let go of?
- What is my declaration statement for 2017? "I am working for Toronto's most innovative HR team. My health is optimal and I travel to South East Asia" - Read your declaration statement out loud everyday. Bonus points if you do it in front of the mirror!
- Who in my life do I need to spend more time with? Who do I need to let go of? Get a mentor and give someone the boot! #toodles
And if none of the above float your boat think about this....
Ancient Egyptians believed that upon death
they would be asked two questions
and their answers would determine
whether they could continue their journey in the afterlife.
The first question was, “Did you bring joy?”
The second was, “Did you find joy?”
Isn’t that what its all about?
Happy Happy Holidays from the Talent Lab Team! Spend time with your loved ones, indulge just a little bit and we will be back in January with a new blog series we are BEYOND excited to share with you – stay tuned!