Should I stay or should I go?
Today's talent tip is something we have all faced at one time.My 2 cents if you or someone on your team is faced with this sleep depriving question: 'Should I stay or should I go?'
Consider the following:
- What are you not fulfilled with at your current company? – get clear on that first (is it salary, title, flexibility in schedule, new leadership etc) and then talk to the right person. (hint – its usually not the person you're texting at 10:00pm).
- Take action: have the conversation and approach it through the lens of exploration, truth and reality. Don’t be afraid to show who you are – what matters to you, what you truly value. It's so different for everyone. Be you and understand that there is a business to run and you are merely trying to assess if that business matches your career goals & personal values.
- Have outside conversations. Be knowledgeable and understand what is available on the market, so you can make an educated decision.
- Remember, you are in choice. No one is handcuffing you, not that bonus payout, nor that equity grant, not even that promise of promotion. Grow a pair and live the life you love. #boom
- Make a decision – don’t drag it out. If you are resigning – do it with a clear heart & gratitude. For real, say thank you.
- If you stay with your current company, then stay wholeheartedly. Choose it. Choose it like you did that very first time and let yourself fall.in.love all over again.